ICAN of Greater Cleveland Statement of Purpose
- We provide a non-judgmental atmosphere where feelings about birth experiences may be discussed freely.
- We provide support for those who need help in dealing with their feelings about their birth experiences.
- We provide education and information about childbirth and cesarean prevention to enable each birthing couple to make informed decisions that are right for them.
- We provide support for birthing mothers in both hospital and home settings.
- We acknowledge that the birth of every child should be celebrated and the experience of working for a VBAC should be honored as an act of great courage, no matter what the outcome.